Sunday, November 15, 2009

Chocolate Mousse Crunch


This is the "Chocolate Mousse" recipe from my mission president's wife. I LOVED it when she would make this dessert for us. I decided to rename this "Chocolate Mousse Crunch" for my blog because it reminds me of a chocolate version of the Coconut Crunch. The recipe that was given to me has the caption, "Men love this!" It's true. My experience has been that women love this, too!
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter or margarine
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350°F. Blend the above ingredients and press into bottom of 9"x13" pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool.

  • 8 oz. (1 package) cream cheese
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 of large container of Cool Whip (or 1 carton of whipping cream, whipped)

Beat cream cream cheese and sugar together until smooth, then add the cool whip and mix again. Spread evenly over the crust.

  • 1 large box of instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 2 3/4 cups of milk

Beat together pudding mix and milk until thick. Spread evenly over cream cheese mixture.

  • The other 1/2 container of large Cool Whip (or another carton of whipping cream)

Top with the other half of the large Cool Whip. Sprinkle with some chopped nuts.

(Serves 12 missionaries)

No comments: