Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Roll Recipe (for bread machine)



This recipe is from my parents-in-law. Whenever I've been at their home I'm always impressed with the delicious food they prepare. During this past winter break--I think it was New Year's Eve--my mother-in-law served these rolls with dinner and I thought they were the tastiest I have ever had. She was kind enough to send me the recipe.

I also should say a word about bread machines. My parents-in-law gave me a bread maker for my birthday last month. Erin and I have been using it constantly--the only problem is that there's not enough of us to keep up on all of the bread eating! One of the coolest things about it is that you can put it on the "dough" setting. It will make the dough for you, and then you can use the dough for whatever you want: dinner rolls, breadsticks, cinnamon rolls, pani popo, etc.
  • 12 oz. Water, 75-85 degrees
  • 4 1/2 T. Butter
  • 4 1/2 cup Flour
  • 5 T. Sugar
  • 3 T. Dry Milk
  • 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
  • 3 tsp. Yeast

Put all ingredients into bread maker in order listed. Use the "dough" setting. When dough is finished, squeeze into rolls and bake on greased baking sheet at 350 (if you put them into the oven before pre-heating it, they will have some time to rise as it is pre-heating). Baking time: Approx. 15-20 min or until golden brown. Makes ~20 rolls.

No comments: